The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:30 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at the Safarat (Embassies) intersection at Mansour neighborhood ( west Baghdad ), killing two policemen and injuring four others. - Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded near the Ministry of Interior in downtown Baghdad. No casualties were recorded. - Around 9 a.m., gunmen assassinated Colonel Aqeel Abdul Hussein of Karkh police while he was going to his office in the morning.
- Around 10:30 a.m., a bomb was planted inside a car belonging to Ammar Musa Taha al Mosawi, the general director of religious education in the Shiite endowment. It exploded, killing one person and injuring three others, including Mosawi.
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad :( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) : 1 in Toubchi , 1 in Mansour , 1 in Doura ( a woman )and 1 in Saidiyah.While ( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) ; 1 in Shaab and 1 in Zafaraniyah .
- Sunday morning, roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Falluja intersection in Samara, north of Baghdad, killing three soldiers and injuring four others.
- Saturday evening, gunmen killed three people, injured two and kidnapped five, including Sheikh Mizhir al Azawi, the sheikh of Azaa tribe, when they entered Al Samee mosque at Al Iskandariyah, 50 km north of Hilla.
- At noon on Sunday, a car bomb targeted the directorate of Baquba municipality, injuring 14 people including three women, three policemen and eight civilians.
- Sunday afternoon, mortars hit Al-Anbakiyah neighborhood in Baquba injuring 5 people.
- Sunday afternoon, three princes of Al-Qaeda proposed to three women in Al-Bu Aziz village of Dali Abass ( 30 km north of Baquba) .The princes beheaded the three women after they refused the proposal.