The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Palestine street near Ibtisam restaurant . A nearby car was damaged in the incident and 6 of its passengers were injured.
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at one of the streets near the Sha’ab stadium in Zayouna neighborhood ( east Baghdad ) injuring 5 people .
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: ( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 2 in Doura , 1 in Saidiyah and 1 Toubchi . While ( 2 ) were found in east bank ( Risafa bank ) ; 1 in Sinak( Bab Al-Sharji ) and 1 in Palestine street.
The following took place between Thursday noon and the evening of Thursday 29 :
- Gunmen opened fire on the general brigadier ( Hamid Ibrahim) the head of Hibhib police at Hidayda area in Baquba injuring two of his guards.
- Mortars hit Al-Salam police station in Baquba injuring two policemen .
- Mortars hit Al-Jazeera village in Al-Muqdadiyah ( 45 km north east Baquba) injuring two people .
- A roadside bomb exploded at Kinaan area in Baquba injuring two people.
- Mortars hit Al-Salam area ( Anbakiyah and Shahin villages ) killing 12 people and injuring 25 others.
- Wednesday night , a roadside targeted a patrol for the Iraqi army near Kharbat Aziz on Kirkuk- Biji road ( west Kirkuk) injuring two ( one officer and another soldier ) with some damage to the vehicle.
- Around 4.30 of Wednesday afternoon, a roadside targeted an Iraqi army patrol near ( Salih Abid) of Riadh ( west of Kirkuk ) injuring one injuring one of the officers .
- Wednesday night , gunmen killed two people in the street of Al-Wasiti neighborhood that leads to Wahid Huzairan ( downtown Kirkuk city )and ranaway.
- Around 2 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi guards’ convoy on the border between Iraq and Iran near Bamo village killing two ( one officer and a soldier ) with full destroy to their car.
- Around 2.30 p.m., gunmen opened fire on Hawijah district mayor ( Amar Mohammad Al-Hamadani ) as he was in a convoy on the way home in Hawijah ( west of Kirkuk). He was injured and one of his guards was killed .
- Before noon, gunmen killed the son of Sheikh Dhamin Al-Ajeel on the way of Dour – Al Bou Ajeel ( 6 km east Tikrit ) .People say that the father was the target who was with him in the car as he is one of the Sahwa Skeikhs .