The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Baladiyat neighborhood (north east Baghdad) killing 1 person and injuring 7 others.
- Around 3.15 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Al-Sakhra ( the rock) intersection injuring two people.
- Around 3.15 p.m., An Italian security company which works with communication in Iraq opened fire randomly injuring one woman and two other men in Karrada neighborhood ( downtown Baghdad ) , a source from Baghdad security plan operation said.
- Around 3 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Palestine road near Bab Al-Muatham intersection injuring three people.
- Around 8 p.m., a car bomb exploded at Shuhada Al-Bayaa neighborhood ( south west Baghdad ) injuring 5 people.
- Police found 3 unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 2 ) were found ; ( 1 ) in I’laam and ( 1 ) in Ghazaliyah . While ( 1 ) was found in New Baghdad in Risafa Bank in east Baghdad.
- At 6.25 a.m., a car bomb exploded at Al-Bujwari village in Biji targeting a house of a commissioner of police injuring 5 people.
- Monday morning, a squad of the American army found 4 dead bodies in Samarra belong to policemen commandos of Samarra .
- Before noon, police found a dead body in the Tigris River in Dhuluiya.
- At dawn , six people killed ( five of them are children ) and two others are injured who are all from one family when a Katuysha missile hit their house in Qibla neighborhood ( 6 km west Basra ).