The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 3 p.m., a car bomb exploded at Shurta tunnel in Jama’a neighborhood .No casualties recorded.
- Around 4.30 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Sadoun Street near the national theatre .No casualties recorded.
- Around 5 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at the end of Al-Jadiriyah Bridge towards Jadiriyah neighborhood targeting an Amewrican patrol .No casualties reported.
- Around 6 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at the Tayran tunnel towards Al-Tahrir square injuring g two policemen.
- Today , Sahwa ( Awaking ) council members in Hour Rijab in Doura found 30 unidentified dead bodies in a deserted house in the area which were transferred to A Shiite mosque first then to Doura police station. - Police found ( 4 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 2 ) two were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Doura and 1 in Amil.While ( 2 ) bodies were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) 1 in Sadr city and Suleikh.
- Friday night, a roadside bomb targeted an oil well ( No.64 ) on the way of Kirkuk –Dibis which lies about 3 km behind ( Hineijara ) oil site ( south of Kirkuk ). No casualties or damage recorded.
- Friday night, a roadside bomb targeted the Khanaqeen brigade commander’s convoy ( general brigadier ) Hama Khan Haji Dara when it was over the third bridge in Kirkuk city . No casualties recorded,but one vehicle damaged.
- Friday night, a police patrol found a roadside bomb at Qasab Khana near the law college downtown Kirkuk defusing it .Meanwhile , another roadside exploded at the front gate of the college . No casualties recorded on both incidents.
- Today , gunmen attacked members of the 1920th revolution battalion at Abdul Hameed village in Diyala ( 5 km north of Baquba )injuring two men from the battalion.
- Saturday afternoon, gunmen executed five civilians in front of the public in Mosul Al-Jadeda (New Mosul ) west of the city .
- Police found ( 5 ) unidentified dead bodies in different parts of Mosul city including one for a police officer.