The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Salhiyah neighborhood (downtown Baghdad) near Salhiyah police station killing two civilians and injuring three others.
- Around 9 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Binouk neighborhood (north east Baghdad).No casualties reported.
- Police found (5) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: ( 3 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Saidiyah , 1 in Doura and 1 in Ja’amia . While 2 were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); 1 in New Baghdad and 1 in Jisr Diyala.
- Around 5.30 p.m., a suicide car bomber targeted a host tent for Skeikh Ammar Al-Gurtani in Muyalha in Al-Iskandariyah (north Babil ) killing 3 people and injuring 8 others.
- Around 3 p.m., gunmen kidnapped a person (a farmer who was in his pick up vehicle) on the way between Hawija and Abassiyah (west of Kirkuk).
- Wednesday afternoon, gunmen riding a Toyota vehicle killed an Iraqi soldier from the first battalion, the second brigade inside the Hawija main market (the great suq ). When a police patrol came the same gunmen killed a policeman and ran away.
- Tuesday night, a Katyusha missile hit the British base in Basra international airport which made the British forces responded with six mortars. No casualties reported.
- At dawn, two mortars hit two areas in Basra, one hit a house in Bab Midan (5 km south Basra city) while the second one fell into Shatt Al-Arab.