The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6:30 a.m. an IED exploded inside a house in Al Adhemiyah, a US military convoy was near the incident site closed the roads leading to it and investigated the incident, Iraqi police said.
- Around 7 a.m. A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Mansour neighborhood, injuring three civilians.
- Around 7:30 a.m. Three mortar shells slammed into Al Shaab neighborhood targeting a military base in the area.
- Around noon an IED detonated inside the car of an Iraqi army officer LC Salam Ismaeel as he was driving his car in Al Yarmouk neighborhood, Ismaeel was injured.
- An IED targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in New Baghdad yesterday, killing a 10 year old girl and causing damage to one army vehicle and one apartment.
- On Saturday afternoon a private security company shot at a white car that moved while the rest of the traffic had stopped to allow a seven-car convoy to pass. A guard shot at the driver and killed him with a bullet wound to the chest. He died from his wounds in the Kadhimiyah hospital. The U.S. Embassy said that both the Ministry of Interior and Dyncorps, believed to be involved in the incident, were investigating. The Ministry of Interior spokesman, Abdel Karim Khalaf, said they were still unsure if the Private Security Company was Dyncorps. He also said the man was unarmed.
- Police found 5 dead bodies throughout Baghdad.1 in Sadr, 1 in Shaab, 1 in Mansour, 1 in Amil, 1 in Doura.
- Iraqi police said an American military convoy killed Khalaf Hussein and his wife Safra Ibraheem as he was approaching the convoy on a main road west of Kirkuk yesterday. The US military said the shooting was related to convoy operation adding that the Iraqi police fired from an outpost on a truck was coming against the traffic.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in southern Kirkuk yesterday, one policeman was killed.
- Around 9 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted Al Rashad town police chief in Al Rashad town west of Kirkuk, causing no damages or casualties.
- Around 11:30 a.m. an IED inside a garbage plastic bag exploded near a power plant causing no damages or casualties.
- A roadside bomb targeted a car of guards working for a local constructions company near south of Kirkuk yesterday, injuring five guards.
- Gunmen burned two houses in Al Zubair, 35 kilometers west of Basra, near a Sunni mosque yesterday. Iraqi police said the gunmen didn’t target the mosque but they were angry tribal men seeking for revenge from the owners as they accused them of killing a member of their tribe earlier that day.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in Tikrit, injuring one policeman.