The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- At dawn, mortars hit the Red Crescent headquarter at Mansour neighborhood burning 2 vehicles belong to the organization.
- At noon, mortars hit the green zone (IZ) in Baghdad having smoke coming from the area with no casualties reported. - Today afternoon, four roadside bombs targeted four convoys of the USA army in Doura ( once near Simoud factory and the second near Doura check point ) ,the third in Toubchi and the fourth was in Meshtal . No casualties reported in all incidents.
- Today afternoon, a sniper killed the son of Mizher Al-Sheikhli ( a member of the political bureau of the Islamic party in Doura neighborhood .
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Amil , 1 in Bayaa , 1 in Saidiyah and 1 in Mansour . While ( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 1 in Qahira and 1 in New Baghdad.
- Police found unidentified beheaded dead body yesterday night at Al-Ighabat area north of Hilla during a raid in Hilla and the security forces had a raid in the area today arresting three suspected persons.
- Around 1.30 p.m., a suicide car bomber targeted one of the PDK headquarter in Hay Al-Askari in Kirkuk city ( south Kirkuk) injuring 13 people and burning 10 cars which were parking out of the place.
- Army found a mass graves at Hashimiyat (10 km west of Baquba) having 17 unidentified dead bodies in it.
- Around 10.45 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted the commander in chief of Basra police and the commander of Basra operation center’s convoy on the road that leads to Zubair and near the Technology institution ( 10 km west Basra ) injuring 4 of their guards ( one of them was seriously injured ).