The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1 p.m., two roadside bombs exploded at the Doura junction ( south Baghdad ) . No casualties recorded.
- Around 3 p.m., mortars hit Binouk neighborhood ( north east Baghdad ) .No casualties recorded.
- Police found 3 unidentified bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 2 ) in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Amil and 1 in Jihad. While ( 1 ) was found in Sadr city in east Baghdad in Risafa bank.
- Thursday night , a bridge on the motor way between Udhaim and Baquba was bombed in the Udhaim plain blocking the traffic in the area ,but no casualties recorded.
- Gunmen opened fire on two pupil s on Thursday afternoon near Tuz Khurmatu ( south of Kirkuk ) during their return from school in( Beer Ahmed ) village killing one and injuring the other.
- Friday morning, a roadside bomb targeted a Polish convoy near Al-Furat neighborhood in midtown Diwaniyah city. No casualties reported as the area was closed by the Polish. Police commandos arrested four members of the Mehdi army after the incident .
- Thursday night, police arrested three terrorists wearing vest bombs at Al-Rutba ( west of Al-Ramadi ) who confessed on three others who were killed later on Friday morning in clashes in Rutba and outskirt of it ( two were killed in Rutba and the third outside it).