The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 p.m. a parked car bomb targeted civilians not far away from Al Bayaa bus station, injuring 4 civilians.
- Around 3:15 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Wathiq square in Karrada, injuring 3 civilians.
- Police found 4 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Ur, 1 in Amil, 1 in Saidiyah, 1 in Doura
- A suicide car bomb targeted an Iraqi military checkpoint in Al Sinia town today, killing three people and injuring 9 others including children.
- Around 4:30 p.m. a rocket slammed into a children playground in Al Obaid neighborhood west Tikrit, killing one child and injuring 7 others.
- Iranian troops opened their machine guns fire targeting Iraqi and Iranian smugglers in Haj Umran area northeastern Arbil last night. One Iraqi smuggler was killed.
- Iraqi police said that an American convoy killed Citizen Qadir Noori, 45, he was driving his car on a main road connecting Kirkuk to Arbil. Iraqi police said the investigation were ongoing to identify who shot and killed Noori.
- Around 8 a.m. A suicide wearing a bomb vest was ridding a bicycle targeted police men near their camp in Baqouba, killing 27 policemen and injuring 21 others including 2 civilians (a woman and a child). Policemen were outside their protected camp training every morning in an adjacent street for the last few days, police source said.
- Men using a governmental vehicle kidnapped Professor Sulaiman Mustafa, a Diyala university professor, from his house in Hay Al Thubat in Baqouba.
- On Saturday October 27, Iraqi army patrol found 17 dead bodies near Abu Hadeed town near Baqouba. Iraqi police said there were many other bodies were decomposed and couldn’t count them and the numebr is expected to increase.
- Gunmen killed Adel Abdul Hadi, a university professor, in Al Mutanabi neighborhood in Kufa last night.
- Around 8:45 p.m. Gunmen killed Captain Mohamed Hameed in Al Askari neighborhood north Najaf city. Hameed was a member of Thu Al Fiqar brigade that follows ministry of interior.