The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Saturday afternoon , Risafa policemen made a demonstration demanding the American troops to release the police commander of Risafa bank for police patrols who was arrested by the American troops yesterday night.
- Police found ( 4 ) unidentified bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 3 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Amil , 1 in Doura and 1 in Shoala . While ( 1 ) was found in Waziriyah in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank).
Around 10 p.m, of Friday night , a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Al-Asriya area of Al-Iskandariyah district ( north of Hilla ) killing one person and injuring 6 others .
- Saturday afternoon, Colonel Amer Nassif (the head of Muqdadiyah police station) in Diyala was kidnapped with seven of his guards by a false checkpoint at Saida village ( 20 km east of Baquba) .
- Friday night, police found a dead body inside a deserted car near Yarmouk compound in Riyadh district ( west Kirkuk) .
- Friday night, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol of Domiz police in Nidaa neighborhood ( downtown Kirkuk) killing 1 person and injuring 3 others ( two of them are officers).
- After about thirty minutes of the roadside in Nidaa neighborhood , another roadside bomb targeted another police patrol in Wasiti neighborhood near Asdiqaa petrol station injuring four policemen and one civilian who was in the scene of the incident at that time.