The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:45 a.m. a road side bomb targeted a police vehicle in Zafaraniyah, injuring a policeman.
- Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb targeted civilians on a main road in Zayuna, injuring a policeman.
- Around 12:30 p.m., gunmen attacked police guarding Al Mamoun Intermediate School in west Baghdad. Two policemen and two gunmen were killed and one gunman was injured.
- Police found 4 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Qahira, 1 in Mansour, 1 in Amil, 1 in Doura.
- Coalition forces reported 11 people died, including five woman and a child, in an air raid over north Samarra. In a statement, U.S. forces attributed the casualty count to "local nationals." A Tikrit hospital official said the raid killed 12 people, including five women, and injured nine. Iraqi police said the raid occurred over Mikashifa, 25 kilometers south of Tikrit.
- Gunmen kidnapped engineer Qusai Hassan on a main road in Tikrit today. Hassan works in housing and rebuilding office in Tikrit.
- An IED inside a car exploded on a main road south of Kirkuk today. The driver was injured several near by cars were damaged in the explosion.
- Police found the body of Omed Hassan a member of the Kurdish security force known as Asayish near a cemetery south east of Kirkuk last night. Police said Hassan was found killed in his car with multiple gunshots to the head.
- A land mine exploded in Al Jadaida village west Kirkuk yesterday. Qadir Awad, a shepherd, was killed in the explosion.
- A bomb, concealed in a package, injured two members of a family in Kirkuk on Monday. The package was given to the family as a present, according to police.
- A foreign protection convoy shot and injured citizen Zirak Youness, 21, on a main road connects Kirkuk and Makhmour last night. The man, who lost an eyem, was treated at the Arbil hospital emergency room.