The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 a.m., the Iraqi army found 4 decomposed bodies -- one man and three women -- in the Ameriya neighborhood in west Baghdad near Al Firdous school.
- Around 4 a.m., an American convoy was targeted by an IED. Troops responded by bombing the area as they clashed with gunmen in Sadr City. Sectors 74, 75, 76 and the Kubra Al Ghazalt area where the clashes killed 13 people killed and injured 69, according to Iraqi police. US statement described three different engagements as the troops targeted an individual accused of kidnappings and Iran related funding. An aerial support was called in to help and the statement said 49 "criminals" were killed as the troops had to use fire in "self-defense".
- Six dead bodies were found in Baghdad. 4 in Ameriya, 1 in Sadr, 1 in Sleikh.
- Two mortar shells slammed into holy city of Karbala on Saturday, targeting a police center in the Saif Saad area and another building near a shrine yesterday night. One man was killed and two others were injured. Iraqi authorities imposed a curfew in fear of more attacks.
- Gunmen killed Yousef Ibraheem, a coach of a local team, eastern Mosul today.