The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1.45 p.m., a car bomb (Kia mini bus) exploded at Adan intersection towards Hurriyah neighborhood (north west Baghdad) killing ten people and injuring 18 others.
- Police found (5) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods of Baghdad: ( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Doura , 1 in Amil , 1 in Saidiyah and 1 in Bayaa. While (1) dead body was found in Sadr city in east Baghdad (Risafa bank).
- Sunday afternoon, a local correspondant works for foreign media was killed during an assignment at Saidiyah neighborhood (south west Baghdad).
- Around 5 p.m., gunmen attacked Dr. Hatim Mukhlis' convoy ( the general secretary of national Iraqi movement ) at Sari area on the high way of Kirkuk-Biji killing three of his guards and injuring two others .
- At dawn American forces raided an office for the Sadrists at Al-Iskandariyah ( about 50 km south of Baghdad) arresting 15 people which led later to clashes between the Iraqi army and Sadrists demonstrators having 4 people killed and dozen injuries with more people arrested.
- Early morning, police found a dead body for a man at Qara Nicheer village (north of Kirkuk) on the high way between Kirkuk and Sulaimaniyah.
- Around 3 a.m., gunmen killed 1 and injured another one of southern oil production employees when the employees tried to prevent the gunmen plant a bomb beneath the main oil products (14 inches) which supply the southern and the central Iraq of the oil products. That incident took place at Zubair (west of Basra) near Imam Ali mosque in the area.