The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- 3 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad today by Iraqi Police. 1 in Mahmoudiyah; 1 in Doura and 1 in Saidiyah.
- IED explodes targeting a motorcade of a high ranking police official, General Soran Abdullah, in Kirkuk Police in al-Tiseen neighborhood in Kirkuk city at 11:30 this morning. 1 policeman was killed and 2 injured.
- The latest casualty reports regarding car bomb explosion in Shorjah neighborhood that targeted the motorcade of Chief of Traffic Police, Salar Ahmed, in Kirkuk yesterday reached 8 killed, 2 of who are policemen, and 62 injured, 3 of who are policemen, in addition to damaging 13 civilian vehicles parked in the vicinity of the explosion.
- 1 civilian injured as gunmen attacked him with small arms fire in the Sylo neighborhood in Kirkuk city. The gunmen were driving a Toyota pickup and a Nissan pickup. Police said that the victim used to be a member of the former National Guard.
- Acting Chief of Kirkuk Police, Genral Torhan Abdulrahman and Brigadier Burhan Tayib were targeted by IED. The IED detonated targeting their motorcade as they were on an inspection tour in al-Quds street, downtown Kirkuk. 1 policemen was killed and 3 were injured.
- Zuhair al-Barazanchi, MD, was abducted yesterday by gunmen. He was on his way home from his clinic in al-Ashar upscale neighborhood when he was kidnapped. Dr. Barazanchi is Chief of the Laborotries Depatrment in Basra General Hospital, and was formerly a major in the former Iraqi Army.