The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- 2 civilians injured in IED explosion near the Vegetable Oils Plant, in Karrada at 09:00 am.
- 1 civilian killed and 2 injured as IED targeting an American patrol exploded near Oqba bin Nafi’ roundabout at 11:00 this morning. Iraqi Police said that American casualties were unknown..
- Gunmen attack a Coaster bus returning employees of the Railways Commission to their homes after work, killing 1, injuring 5 in Bayaa, under the Amil traffic bridge at around 02:00 this afternoon.
- Gunmen attack a Kia mini bus in Saidiyah, al-Rafah Junction at 01:00 this afternoon, killing 1 passenger and injuring 6.
- 6 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad today by Iraqi Police; 1 in Sadr City; 1 in Amil; 1 in Doura; 1 in Hurriyah; 1 in Ameriyah and 1 in Shoala.
- Chief of National Information and Investigation Bureau / Kirkuk, General Abdulameer Mahmoud was attacked by gunmen in al-Wasity neighborhood, near al-Asdiqaa petrol station, south Kirkuk late yesterday evening. The gunmen were driving a black Opal Vectra .General Mahmoud and two of his security personnel were injured and taken to hospital for treatment.
- 1 unidentified body was found near the corn storage plant in Hawija district, and was reported to the police. As a police patrol was heading to check the incident, they were targeted by an IED causing the death of 1 policeman, Muneef Jumaa Faisal and the injury of an officer and another policeman. A second patrol was sent as backup, and was in turn attacked by small arms fire. No additional casualties were reported.
-Laborer found dead. Hmood Abdullah Hmood was kidnapped three days ago on his way home from work. His body was found near Ali Sultan village, Riyadh district, west Kirkuk, Tuesday evening.
- A policeman in Hawija Police, Khazaal Nayef was killed by gunmen in Yayji neighborhood, Hawija district at 12:20 yesterday afternoon. The police combed the neighborhood looking for suspects and detained one Khemees Abbas who admitted to killing Nayef during primary investigation.
- Director General of Basra Airport, Abdulrazzaq Qassim, was kidnapped yesterday from a location close to his residence in the Residential compound 15 km to the north of Basra city.
- Car bomb in the centre of Tikrit city detonated targeting Head of National Security Center, Jassim Jabbar's motorcade killing 2 security personnel and injuring 17, at 12:15 this afternoon. The car was parked near a lane that leads to Salahuddin canal and another lane that leads to the Directorate of Police Vehicles in Salahuddin governorate.
- 2 IEDs detonated this morning in a commercial district in the town of Sulaiman Bek,7 km to the south of Tuz injuring 2 civilians.
- Mortar rounds fell on al-Wafaa school for girls in al-Ta'meem neighborhood at precisely 10:00 am injuring 2 teachers and 11 students, two of whose condition is serious.
- 1 policeman killed at the hands of gunmen yesterday afternoon.
- 1 policeman killed by gunmen in the city centre at around 10:00 this morning.