The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 a.m. U.S. military used aerial fire targeting a building in Al Doura area south Baghdad, Iraqi police said. The aerial fire targeted building number 139 in Al Siha district. 10 people were killed and 7 others were injured according to the Iraqi police sources. No U.S. military response was available by the time of publication of this report.
- Around 11 a.m. a mortar shell slammed in Al Ubaidi neighborhood. Two people were injured.
- Police found 5 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 near Al Rasheed Camp, 1 in Shaab, 1 in Amil, 1 in Doura, 1 in Bayaa.
- Gunmen killed David Shamoun, a 28 Christian Iraqi Christian worked with a Turkish company and a college student, in the market area in Qaraqush area southeast of Mosul yesterday. The deceased was shot 9 bullets before they fled the place.
- Around 2 p.m. a truck bomb destroyed a bridge in Al Shifaa area in Mosul. The bombing flattened the bridge and caused several injuries among civilians in the nearby houses especially, Iraqi police said.