The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- IED exploded in 52 St targeting an American military convoy at 07:00 this morning. No casualties were reported.
- 3 mortar rounds fell on a house in Saidiyah early this afternoon causing destroying a house.
- 2 car bombs detonated in Bayaa, section 817, st 10, lane 13. The car bombs were situated one at one entrance to a market place and the other at the other end and both detonated at the same time killing 32 civilians and injuring 28.
- 7 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad by Iraqi Police today. 1 in Adhamiyah, 1 in Sleikh, 2 in Amil, 2 in Dora and 1 in Saidiyah.
- 2 policemen killed in car bomb explosion targeting their patrol in Shirqat , to the south east of the city of Mosul at 12:30 this afternoon.
- A car bomb targets a police patrol in the town of Shirqat killing 4 civilians and injuring a police officer, this afternoon.
- Suicide car bomb slammed into a construction contractor's house who is the son of one of the tribal Sheikhs of Shammar tribe, one of the largest tribes in the country in Um al-Diban village near the Iraqi Syrian border to the west of Sinjar at 07:30 this morning. The Kia minibus detonated killing 8 civilians and injuring 10.
- Car bomb exploded in al-Baath neighborhood, downtown Mosul city this morning killing 3 civilians and injuring 50
- Car bomb targeted an Iraqi military convoy on the highway from Mosul to Irbil ths afternoon injuring 3 Iraqi soldiers.
- IED explosion in Abu al-Khasib, Hamdan neighborhood, near Hathlool mosque, 15 km to the south of Basra city killed 5 civilians and injured 4. The IED detonated as people started leaving the mosque after evening prayers at around 07:30 pm.
- Captain in Basra Police Force, Ahmed Hashim was killed by sniper's fire in al-Shamshumiyah neighborhood, across the street from Basra Police HQ downtown Basra as he left work and headed home at 02:00 pm today. He was shot in the head and died instantly.
- Lieutenant Colonel Ali Sur, Commander of Sulaimaniyah Emergency Regiment in the town of Tuz was killed today.
- 12 gunmen attacked al-Shuhadaa Police Station, south Fallujah. 6 of the gunmen were killed, 5 captured and one escaped. 3 policemen were seriously injured.
- Fallujah Police raided a house in Nezzal neighborhood, south Fallujah this afternoon. The house was occupied by a family displaced from another city. As soon as the police force broke into the house, the father detonated a hand grenade in his hand and the son detonated an explosive vest, their family was in the house. Both men died. The Police did not release any more details about casualties.
- A suicide bomber detonated at a police checkpoint in west Fallujah this afternoon. No casualties were reported.