The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau
- Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy on the Highway near Shuala neighborhood. One Iraqi civilian was injured, Iraqi police said.
- A road said bomb targeted civilians in Eskan neighborhood today. Two civilians were injured.
- Gunmen burned 3 houses in Al Washash neighborhood. the houses were empty after the families were displaced in the last two days, Iraqi police said.
- Iraqi police found 9 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Qahira, 2 in Zafaraniyah, 2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Doura, 2 in Amil.
- Around 2:30 a.m. three IEDs targeted three houses of policemen in different areas of Salman Bek town west of east of Tikrit. 10 people were injured.
- Iraqi police found one dead body in Al Hajaj neighborhood downtown Kirkuk. The chief of Kirkuk police identified the deceased man as Safa Kareem Hussein. Police found the dead body inside a white bag near a school in the area.
- Around 1:15 a.m. two IEDs exploded in Hawija town west of Kirkuk. Police said that no casualties reported.
- Around 2:45 p.m. gunmen killed Sajad Qambar Jumaa in Wahid Huzairan area (1st of June area) downtown Kirkuk. The deceased owned cars’ accessories shop, local police said.
- Around 3:20 p.m. a parked car bomb exploded near the Iranian consulate building in Basra. No human casualties were reported.