The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau.
- 15 killed and 45 injured in car bomb explosion in Sadr City, north east Baghdad, in a popular market place at 06:30 this evening.
- 11 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad today by Iraqi Police. 1 in Sadr City, 1 in Ur, 1 in New Baghdad, 2 in Amil, 2 in Hurriyah, 1 in Jami'a, 1 in Saidiyah and 2 in Bayaa.
- 2 policemen killed and 3 people injured near the Police Station in al-Bashir village to the south of Kirkuk late Friday evening. A white Toyota Super Salon stopped near the Police Station, and an Iraqi soldier got out and warned that the car may be booby trapped. He had been kidnapped for five days in al-Rashad neighborhood, north east Baghdad, and had just been released. The car exploded killing 1 policeman, Adel Taqiyuddin, and injuring the soldier himself and one other. At this time the whole neighborhood was attacked by mortar and BKCs by gunmen resulting in the death of one more policeman and one civilian.
- 3 civilians killed by gunmen late Friday evening. Hadher Hasen Mohammed, Principal of a school, his brother Jaber Hasen Mohammed and Abid Hasen Khidhir were attacked and killed by gunmen while in their vehicle, a white Toyota pick-up truck driving between Rawiin and Sabeeh villages, Zab District, to the north west of Kirkuk.
- 2 unidentified bodies were found by Qur Henjeer Police in Cheman village, to the north of Kirkuk, today. The bodies showed signs of torture. They were the bodies of two males 20 – 25 years old.
- Sheikh Mohammed Abdulkathim al-Garaawi, leader in Sadrist movement, was killed by gunmen driving a black sedan while he was on his way home from Friday prayers.
- 4 killed and 9 injured by IED near the shrine of Muslim Bin Aqeel, in central Kufa, at around 10:30 this morning.
- 2 civilians killed in IED explosion in Dor district, this evening.