The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 p.m. A parked car bomb exploded in Al Alawi area downtown Baghdad. 2 civilians were killed and 2 others were injured.
- Around 8:30 p.m. a parked tow truck bomb targeted civilians in Zafaraniyah near Al Kubaisi shops. One civilian was killed and 5 others were injured.
- A road side bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Bayaa. No casualties were reported.
- A road side bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Baladiyat. No casualties were reported.
- Mortar shells slammed into Abo Desheer neighborhood. Four residents were injured.
- A mortar shell targeted Al Jazair police station in Al Qanat area. Two policemen were injured.
- Police found 15 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Zafaraniyah, 1 in Ealam, 1 in Baladiyat, 1 in Rashdiyah, 3 in Abo Desheer, 1 in Karkh, 1 in Doura, 2 in Amil, 2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Bayaa.
- A road side bomb targeted a police vehicle in Hawija west of Kirkuk yesterday night. One policeman was injured in the incident.
- A road side bomb targeted a police vehicle carrying a team was heading to defuse a road side bomb that was reported to police in central Kirkuk. The explosion damaged the vehicle and no casualties were reported.
- A road side bomb targeted a truck near (Kharaba Rout) village on the way leading to Mosul north of Kirkuk yesterday night. The driver was injured and his truck was damaged.
- Gunmen in a speeding car killed citizen Salah Al Mulla Khatab Al Rawi near Al Ouon village north west of Kirkuk yesterday night.
- Around 10:30 a.m. a road side bomb exploded near Qoria police station in Kirkuk. Four civilians were injured including two women.
- A road side bomb targeted police vehicle not far away from Tariq Al Saraf mosque today. Two policemen were injured and two civilian cars were damaged.
- Gunmen killed and Iraqi policeman and one soldier of the Iraqi army infrastructure protection force near Al Maqam village west of Kirkuk yesterday.
- Around 6 p.m. Gunmen attacked Iraqi policemen in central Beiji near the mayor office. One police man was killed and one was injured.
- Around 1:30 a.m. a road side bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in Fallujah. 2 policemen were injured one of them in critical situation. Police detained 10 young men were in a near by house.