The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau
- Around 9.30 a.m., a roadside bomb was planted on Muhammad Al-Qasim route near Nahdha bus station in downtown Baghdad when police shot at it. It exploded injuring three policemen.
- Around 11.35 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Sheikh Omar neighborhood ( north Baghdad)injuring 4 people .
- Around 4 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Rafah intersection in Bayaa neighborhood targeted an American patrol . No casualties reported.
- Around 4.30 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Bab Al-Muatham killing 1 person and injuring 2 others.
Police found (5)unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhood in Baghdad : (4) in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ;1 in Saidiyah , 1 in Hurriyah ,1 in Bayaa and 1 in Ghazaliyah. While (1) dead body was found in Sleikh in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank).
-Around 1.30 a.m. of Thursday , a gunman riding a motor bike opened fire on Abu Haider Al-Hasnawi ,the head of Najaf oil warehouses , northern Najaf killing him at once.
- Wednesday night , a car bomb exploded at Nida'a neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk killing 3 people and injuring 7 others with four civilian damaged cars.
- Around 10 p.m. of Wednesday night , two gunmen were killed and burned while they were carrying a Katysha missile which exploded at Arafa neighborhood near Hassan Najim mosque before reaching the place planning to hit , Kirkuk police said opening an investigation of the accident and to know who were they and the side they belong to.
- Around 1.45p.m., two roadside bombs targeted a vehicle of the head of Kirkuk police station ( brigadier Burhan Taeeb) injuring one of his guards and damaging the vehicle.