The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau
- 3 civilians injured when a round of mortar hit a residential neighborhood in Abo Desheer, Dora, south Baghdad, at 11:00 this morning.
- 4 Iraqi Army soldiers injured by IED targeting their patrol in Arab Jboor area, south Baghdad, at 11:30 pm.
- 2 civilians injured by IED explosion in Zafaraniya, south Baghdad.
- 2 civilians killed and 2 injured by IED explosion in al-Amin, north east Baghdad.
- 11 unidentified bodies were found by Iraqi Police in Baghdad today. 2 in Dora, south Baghdad; 2 in Amil, south west Baghdad, 2 in Bayaa, south west Baghdad, 1 in Kadhemiya, north west Baghdad; 1 in Shaab, north Baghdad; 1 in Zafaraniya, south Baghdad; 1 in al-Amin, north east Baghdad, 1 in Kasra wa Atash, central Baghdad.
- 2 civilians wounded by gunmen in Albu Faraj village, Taza district, to the south of Kirkuk at approximately 07:15 pm. The group of gunmen were driving five Opels without number plates. They drove by very fast and opened fire on the pedestrians.
- The death toll of the tremendous truck bomb explosions in Tel Aziziya and Sheikh Khadar has risen to 325 identified and 90 unidentified bodies so far, according to Dakhil Qassim, District Commissioner of Sinjar. A Kurdistan Ministry of Health official also puts the number between 400 and 500, saying that it is difficult to be accurate because the wounded are distributed over so many hospitals and clinics.