The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau
- Around 2 pm, mortars hit Zayuna neighborhood( east Baghdad) near Maysloon intersection killing one and injuring three others. - Around 4 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy on Qanat street at Rusafa bank (east Baghdad) . No casualties reported.
- Around 5 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at Saidiyah neighborhood ( south Baghdad) . No casualties reported.
- Police found ( 18) dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 8 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 3 in Saidiyah , 3 in Amil and 2 in Bayaa. While (10) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 4 in Sadr city , 1 in Rashad , 1 in Zayuna , 1 in Kemb Sara , 1 in Qahira, ,1 in Bub Al-Sham and 1 in Karrada .
- Around Sunday mid-night , gunmen assassinated Skeikh ( Muhsin A. Hassan) the sheikh of (Al-Bu Bagzat ) tribe one of the sub tribe of Al-Jibour in Shibla village of Al-Zab district (north west of Kirkuk) while two members of his family injured ( brother and daughter ) .
- Around mid-night, a roadside bomb exploded near Ghurnadha bridge downtown Kirkuk injuring two people .
- Around 9.45 p.m of Sunday night , mortars hit Arafa neighborhood across from police station in the area, injuring one person.
- Around 1.10 p.m., gunmen kidnapped a truck driver on Gargcha bridge near Mamsha village of Laylan (south east Kirkuk) . The gunmen were riding two cars ( white Toyota sedan and white pick up ). The police has informed all check points of this incident to get those gunmen.
- Sunday night, a roadside bomb targeted a border guards convoy at Nafit Khana ( south of Khanaqeen , north east Baqouba) killing a major and four of his soldiers .All of them were former members of Peshmerga ( Kurds fighters) .