The daily Iraqi violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported . It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8:15 a.m. gunmen killed engineer Bahaa Naji, a resident engineer in Al Sarafiya Bridge (the bridge that was destroyed and the government is trying to re-build). Naji was killed near Al Karkh hospital.
- Around 8.30 am, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) near Al-Sa’a restaurant killing one soldier and injuring five peopl .
- Around 9 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at New Baghdad (east Baghdad) near Al-Baida’a movie house injuring three people .
- Around 9.20 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Palestine street targeting an joint troops (American and Iraqi) injuring two Iraqi policemen.
- Around 10.15 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Zayouna neighborhood (east Baghdad) . No casualties reported.
- Around 10.30 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Zayouna neighborhood (east Baghdad) injuring one resident.
- Around 3 p.m. an IED targeted Iraqi army vehicle in Al Mansour injuring 5 soldiers.
- Gunmen attacked a police patrol in Al Bayaa using machine guns. 1 policeman was killed and injured 2 policemen.
- A road side bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Al Yarmouk. 4 soldiers were injured.
- Police found 19 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 2 in Mahmoudiyah, 1 in Yarmouk, 2 in Bayaa, 3 in Amil, 3 in Saidiyah, 1 in Mansour, 3 in Doura, 2 in Jihad, 1 in 1 Karrada, 1 in camp sara.
- After 15 minutes of Monday mid-night , clashes took place at Rizgari area in Altoun Copry neighborhood north of Kirkuk injuring one resident who was transferred to Kirkuk hospital.
News from Monday ( Kirkuk)
- Around 8.45 am of Monday morning, gunmen opened fire on woman teacher Shourja neighborhood near Ameen building in downtown Kirkuk killing her at once.
- Around 10 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Al-Hajaj neighborhood near Khansaa elementary school in downtown Kirkuk targeting a police patrol of Irouba police station injuring two policemen and one civilian who was near the explosion scene .
-Around 11.40 am, gunmen riding a sedan car (Toyota, Mark model) opened fire randomly on people at Al-Atba’a Street in Hawija killing two brothers.
- Around 11.45 am, gunmen opened fire on an employee of he new Iraqi army on the way between Kirkuk –Mosul near Sirkran check point ( north of Kirkuk city) injuring the employee who was taken to hospital for treatment.
-Around 1.20 pm, gunmen riding a sedan car ( Opel model) opened fire on the mayor of Siray neighborhood in Hawija in the big market of the city near the power department killing him after suffering from serious injury .
- Monday night, gunmen killed a teacher while he was doing shopping in Hawija market (west Kirkuk) while he was from Tareeq Baghdad neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk.