The daily Iraqi violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported . It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 am , a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy passed through the Sharqa intersection near Bayaa bus station injuring three people . No casualties recorded on the American side.
- Around 8 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Baladiyat neighborhood ( east Baghdad).No casualties recorded.
- Around 10 am, Katusha missiles targeted Zafaraniya neighborhood .No human casualties recorded.
- Around 12.30 pm, the French Ambassador’s house in Karada near Mesbah intersection was hit by mortars injuring three of the guards with some damage to the front fence.
- Around 1 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at Fudhaliya neighborhood ( east Baghdad) . No casualties recorded.
- Around 1.30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Zayouna neighborhood ( east Baghdad) injuring four ( one soldier and three soldiers).
- Around 1.30 pm, police arrested two Arabs who were parking their car at Zayouna neighborhood ( east Baghdad) having bombs inside it . Curfew was announced after that incident from 4 pm till 6 am of Monday morning. Salahuddin
- Saturday night , gunmen riding two sedan cars penetrated Yankeja village near Tuz Khurmatu ( 90 km north of Tikrit and 76 km south of Kirkuk) having 12 people in custody and making them stand in one line opening fire on them . Six people were killed and the six others were injured . All of the people are Turkmans.
- Saturday night , a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol near Abass Al_Namla village on the route Riadh –Biji ( west of Kirkuk) killing one soldier and injuring two others .
- Around 7.30 am , a resident of Al-Abeter village told police that he found missiles on the way between his village and Hawija intersection ( west of Kirkuk) . When police came to the scene found five missiles with six sittings which were ready for launching.
- Two terrorists are in the custody of Suleimaniya intelligence this morning admitting of being members of Al-Qaeda having nine vests bombs with them and both are from Anbar province.
- Early morning , terrorists bombed The Prophet Daniel shrine near Wajihiya town (north of Baquba) and it is fully destroyed.
- Early morning, terrorists attacked Bihbisa village , which is close to Daniel shrine , firing some houses , killing 3 men , kidnapping five and destroying 11 houses which forced some family to displace the area.
- Around 10 am, a roadside bomb exploded in front of a shop whose owner was supplying people for food ration which had months of delay killing one man and injuring 25 other at Belad Rouz ( 40 km east of Baquba).Most of the injured are women and children.
- Around 10 am, three policemen were killed and three others injured when a roadside bomb targeted their patrol near Deli Abass ( east Baquba) .
- Around mid-day , a resident of Behrz town was killed when gunmen opened fire a café in the town . While gunmen killed a policeman in another place of the town.
- Police has two members of Al-Qaeda in custody during a raid on some buildings opposite the police directorate in Bauba admitting of committing many crimes. - Police found a dead body at Al-Ameen square (east Baquba) which was sent to Baquba morgue .