The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Four civilians were killed in an IED explosion in Bayaa neighborhood south Baghdad around 1,00 pm.
- An Iraqi soldier was killed and five others wounded in a car bomb and IED explosion targeted their patrol in Jamia’a neighborhood west Baghdad around 2,00 pm.
- 25 people were killed and 77 were injured when a truck bomb exploded today in Karrada at 6:35 p.m.
- Gunmen killed Abdul Satar Abdul Jabar, a general manager in the ministry of housing and rebuilding in Al Tahariyat sq. in Karrada today.
- 2 policemen were injured when gunmen attacked their patrol in Sleikh.
- Police found 20 dead bodies thorough Baghdad.
- Five policemen including two officers were killed while chasing gunmen in Al Dhuba’i west of Tikrit city today morning.
- Five Iraqi policemen were killed and 2 others wounded in an IED explosion targeted their patrol on Hilla – Diwaniyah street south of Baghdad around 11,30 am.
- Around 1:40 p.m. a road side bomb injured one police man in central Kirkuk.
- Around 2:30 a car bomb targeted an Iraqi army convoy in central Kirkuk not far away from Al Amal Al Shaabi market. 1 civilian was injured in the attack.
- Around 5:30 p.m. a car bomb exploded in a car parking place in Al Jumhuriyah St. near a busy market in Kirkuk. 5 people were killed and 51 others were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted a bus in Fallujah city center near the education department about 7:30 a.m. 2 civilians were killed (Ahmad Uthman Abid 5 years old and Amjad Naji Shukur 30 years) and 18 others were injured.