The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. A road side bomb targeted an Iraqi army convoy in Qahtan square near Al Yarmouk hospital. 2 soldiers were injured and one military vehicle was damaged.
- Several mortar shells targeted the Green Zone today.
- Around midday an IED targeted Iraqi police patrol in Zayuna today. 2 policemen were injured and one police vehicle was damaged.
- Gunmen killed Brigadier General Kamal Tahir in Al Kadhmiya. Tahir is an officer of the Iraqi minister of defense and a member of Kadhemiya city council, Iraqi police said.
- A road side bomb targeted Iraqi national police vehicle in Al Madaen. 1 policeman was killed and 3 others were injured.
- A road side bomb targeted civilians in Doura. 2 civilians were injured.
- Police found 18 dead bodies today. 3 in Doura, 4 in Bayaa, 1 in Qadisiyah, 1 Ameriya, 2 in Hurriyah, 3 in Amil, 3 in Sleikh, 1 in Kadhemiya.
- Three mortar shells targeted al Sadr hospital in Basra today. 3 were killed and 14 were injured.
- A rocket targeted the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) hit a near by house yesterday night. 2 civilians were injured.
- Around 1:40 p.m. an IED targeted an Iraqi police vehicle not far away from the bus station in central Kirkuk. One policeman and one civilian were injured.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Muqdadiyah today. One man was killed and his wife was injured.
- A suicide truck bomb exploded in front of a children’s hospital today. 27 were killed and 68 were injured. The big explosion caused damages to the building and at least ten cars were damaged. The suicide detonated his truck as he was passing in front of the main door of the hospital.