The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- A civilian was killed and 7 others injured in an IED explosion inside a bus in Bab Al Muatham neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 8,00 am.
- 12 civilians were killed and 38 others wounded in tow car bombs in Karrada Dakhil neighborhood (inner Karrada) downtown Baghdad around 10,20 am.8 cars were burnt in the explosions.
- 2 civilians including a policeman were killed and 6 others wounded including 3 policemen in a parked car bomb in Al Wathiq square in Karrada neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 11,30 am.
- 4 civilian was killed and 6 others wounded in a parked car bomb explosion near Sirwan restaurant in Karrada Maryam downtown Baghdad around 2,10 pm.
- 4 Iraqi soldiers were wounded when they were shot by gunmen in Adhemiyah neighborhood north Baghdad around 1,00 pm.
- 4 people were injured in an IED explosion near Al Khadhraa neighborhood west Baghdad around 1,30 pm.
- 2 civilians were killed and 2 wounded when gunmen opened fire targeting a pick up car of the ministry of oil in Waziriyah neighborhood today afternoon.
- 4 civilians were wounded when mortar shells hit Doura neighborhood today afternoon.
- 24 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 18 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (9 bodies in Amil, 3 bodies in Saidiyah, 2 bodies in Qadisiyah, 2 bodies in Bayaa, 1 body in Doura and 1 body in Mansour). 6 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (2 bodies in Sleikh, 2 bodies in sadr city and 2 bodies in Kamaliyah).
- Police patrols found 3 anonymous bodies south of Tooz town north east of Tikrit city around midday.
- The director of Soleman Bek district north east of Tokrit city had survived today morning from an assassination attempt when an IED exploded targeting his vehicle on Kafri – Tooz Street. His chauffeur was injured in the incident.
- Sources from the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) said that 3 of their members were killed when mortar shells hit one of their offices in Al Faisaliyah neighborhood east Musol city today morning.
- 2 civilians were killed by gunmen in Al Arbajiyah neighborhood east Mosul today morning.
- 2 electricity directorate workers were killed and a third one was injured downtown Muqdadiyah town north east Baquba city when their patrol was attacked by gunmen around 1,15 pm.
- A medical source in Bani Saad town south of Baquba said that the medical center of Bani Saad town was handed over today afternoon an anonymous body of a man who was shot in different parts of his body.
- A security source in Kahlis city said 2 civilians were killed, 1 injured and 5 others kidnapped when gunmen set a fake check point and stopped a mini bus in Al Aswad area around 4,30 pm.
- Gunmen attacked 3 trucks owned by people from Khanaqeen town carrying electrical supplies going towards Khanaqeen town north east Diyala. The gunmen set a fake check point in Imam Wes area (55 Kms east Baquba city ) killing two, injuring one and kidnapping two others. No news about the 6th man. Reported.
- The spokesman of Basra police said that a civilian was killed and 8 others wounded when the British forces bombed Kut Al Hajaj area downtown Basra city on Sunday evening. 8 houses were damaged.
- A child was injured when in a rocket explosion in Al Abla district north of Basra city today morning.
- The bodies of 8 Iraqi Kurdish soldiers had been delivered to their families today. The commander of the 1st battalion in the 1st brigade in the 2nd Iraqi division said that 2 soldiers were killed an 2 injured in an IEd explosion targeted their vehicle while searching some neighborhoods in Mosul city early morning today while the other 6 soldiers had been killed in separated operations in Mosul city.