The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- A civilian was killed and 5 others injured including a woman and a child when American helicopters bombed Al Kamaliyah east Baghdad neighborhood yesterday midnight.
- 3 policemen were injured in an IED explosion targeted a patrol of Rusafa emergency police in Al Rubai’ee intersection east Baghdad around 9,00 am.
- An IED exploded targeting a US army convoy near Al Tholatha’a market in Zayuna neighborhood east Baghdad around 9,15 am. The American troops cordoned the area and no reports about the casualties were provided immediately.
- 4 civilians were killed and 5 others injured in a parked car bomb in a park in front of the Iranian embassy in Karradat Maryam downtown Baghdad around 11,00 am. 12 cars were bunt in the explosion.
- 20 people including 4 soldiers were killed and 20 people wounded including two Iraqi soldiers in a parked car explosion targeted an Iraqi army patrol in Zayuna neighborhood east Baghdad around 2,00 pm.
- The following incident happened after 4,00 pm
- A civilian was injured in an IED explosion in Bayaa neighborhood south west Baghdad.
- A civilian was killed and 3 others when 3 mortar shells hit Al Nahrawan district south east Baghdad.
- A civilian was killed and 2 others injured in an IED explosion targeted a bus in Zayuna neighborhood east Baghdad.
- 24 anonymous bodies had been found in Baghdad today. 16 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (4 bodies in Saidiyah, 4 bodies in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Mansour, 2 bodies in Amil, 1 body in Sheikh Maroof, 1 body in Hurriyah, 1 body in Kadhimiyah, 1 body in Jihad). 8 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (2 bodies in Sadr city, 2 bodies in Shaab, 2 bodies in New Baghdad, 1 body in Zafaraniyah and 1 body in Jisr Diyala),
- the spokesman of Diyala operations room staff Major General Raghib Radhi Al Omiri said that 29 people were killed including children and women and 4 wounded when gunmen wearing the Iraqi army uniform attacked the civilians in Dwiliyah village north of Baquba city yesterday afternoon.
- A source in the Iraqi police in Samarra city said that gunmen killed today Dr. Rafi’a Alwan the deputy of the general director of Balad hospital. The source said that the incident happened on the highway of Samarra north of Baghdad today morning.
- A civilian was killed in clashes between gunmen and the British troops in Al Hakimiyah neighborhood downtown Basra city last night.