The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers special correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- 5 policemen were killed and 9 others wounded in clashes between the guards of the ministry of interior affairs and gunmen hiding behind Al Gailani fuel station downtown Baghdad around 2:00am.
- Gunmen killed an Iraqi journalist working for New York Times newspaper near Al Saidiyah fuel station south Baghdad around 9:00 am.
- 3 civilians were killed and 5 others were injured when the US troops opened fire after an IED explosion targeted the US army convoy in Al Fadhiliyah neighborhood north east Baghdad around 11:00 am. A car and a house were burnt in the incident.
- A civilian was killed and 3 others were wounded when mortar shells hit Abo Saida district east Baquba early morning today.
- A civilian was killed when mortar shells hit Buhroz area south of Baquba around 9,00 am.
- 2 civilians were wounded in an IED explosion in Raggat Al Shat area, part of Khalis town north of Baquba around 11:00 am.
- 10 civilians were injured when mortar shells hit Al Gsereen area, part of Khalis town north of Baquba around 1:10 pm.
- A civilians was killed and another was injured in an IED explosion targeted a car in Bani Saad area south of Baquba city around 1:45 pm.