The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
Baghdad- Around 9 am , a roadside bomb exploded at Yarmouk neighborhood ( west Baghdad ) targeting an American patrol .No casualties recorded.
- Around 12 pm, a roadside bomb exploded at Za'franiya neighborhood ( south Baghdad ) targeting an American patrol . No casualties on the American side while one civilian killed and two others injured who were nearby.
- Around 1 pm, mortars hit Karadat Mariam ( downtown Baghdad ) injuring two people.
Around 1.30 pm, mortars hit the green zone ( IZ) . No casualties recorded.
- Around 4 pm, An American planes hit some targets at Al-Meda'ain area ( south of Baghdad ) destroying three houses there . No casualties are recorded.
- ( 5 ) Five unidentified dead bodies were found in Bagdad in the following neighborhoods: ( 2 ) two dead bodies were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Amil and the other in Bayaa. While the three others were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank); 1 in Waziriya , 1 in Ur and 1 in New Baghdad. Salahuddin ( 157 km north of Baghdad)
- Around 1 am , gunmen attacked some relatives of Sheikh Shaloukh Al-Rufaiyee ( who joins Salhuddin Salvation Council ) killing 7 people and injuring 9 others .
- Around 1 am , four mortars hit the area near Tuz Khurmatu police directorate .No casualties recorded.
- Around 3 am, three schools were bombed by gunmen in Samar ( south of Tikrit) in order to be used by the Iraqi security forces to secure the place to rebuild Samara shrines.
Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad )
- Around 11 .30 pm of Thursday night , two unknown missiles were launched upon Tisaeen Al-Jadeeda in downtown Kirkuk and one of them hit one of the houses damaging it and injuring one resident in the area. The missiles were launched from Urouba neighborhood, a witness said.
- Around 5.45 am , gunmen opened fire on some people at Abassiya village (outskirt of Kirkuk city) injuring one who was transferred to AlBakara military base for treatment.
- Around 10 am , an Iraqi soldier was killed by gunmen who were taking a sedan car at Hawija ( west of Kirkuk ) .
- Around 11 .30 am, a roadside bomb exploded near Korneesh street in downtown Kirkuk targeting a police patrol injuring two policemen who were taken to Kirkuk hospital for treatment.
- An Iraqi soldier was kidnapped four days ago while he was on his way from Kirkuk to Tuz Khurmatu ( south of Kirkuk) and only yesterday the police informed from the army about the kidnapped soldier after four days of his missing by a phone call from his mobile from the kidnappers who said that he is killed ,but the army and the soldier think it is a false alarm as they have no body till now. The soldier is a Kurd.
Mosul ( 396 km north of Baghdad )
- Early this morning , gunmen attacked a Kurds family consists of a husband and wife at Al-Jazair neighborhood in downtown Mosul city killing both of them and ran away