The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- 3 policemen were injured in an IEd explosion targeted their patrol in Zafaraniyah district south east Baghdad around 7,55 am.
- 2 people one of them wearing a bomb vest were killed by the American troops in Doura neighborhood south Baghdad at 9,20.
- Gunmen killed a guard and kidnapped two with tow other civilians when they attacked Al Salam bank in Hay Saddam neighborhood south west Baghdad around 11,00 am.
- Gunmen robbed 16 million Iraqi Dinars (12698 $) when they attacked electricity directorate bus in Karrada neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 12,00 pm.
- 15civilians were killed and 27 wounded in a parked car bomb explosion targeted the civilians near Al Baghdadi restaurant in Abo Disheer neighborhood south Baghdad around 7,00 pm
- A civilian was killed in an IED explosion in Doura neighborhood south Baghdad around 7,00 pm.
- A civilian was injured in an IED explosion targeted an American convoy in Zayuna neighborhood east Baghdad around 7,30 pm.
- 24 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 16 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (7 bodies in Amil, 3 bodies in Doura, 2 bodies in Ghazaliyah, 1 body in Jihad, 1 body in Amiriyah, 1 body in Khadhraa and 1 body in Mahmoudiyah). 8 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (6 bodies in Sadr city, 1 body in Husseiniyah and 1 body in Sleikh.)
- A source in the 5th Iraqi army division said that 4 Iraqi soldiers were killed while they were going to give support to another Iraqi army force fighting insurgents from Al Qaida organization in Al Dainiyah village south Baladrooz town east of Baquba city today afternoon. The same source confirmed that another 3 soldiers were injured in an IED explosion targeted their patrol in Imam Mansour area east Baquba today morning.
- A security source in Baquba city said that a policeman was shot dead by a sniper downtown Baquba city today afternoon.
- A source in the morgue of Baquba general hospital said that the morgue received today a head of a civilian that was thrown near the iron bridge in Baquba Al Jadida neighborhood today morning.
- A medical source in Al Miqdadiyah town north east Baquba city said that 2 bodies of civilians were moved to the hospital of Miqdadiyah. The source said that the first body was of a man who was killed in an IED explosion near his house in Al Mu’alimeen neighborhood downtown Baquba city while the second body was of a man who was shot dead near his house in AL Ballor neighborhood downtown Baquba city.
- A governmental source said that 5 guards of the house of Baquba deputy governor were injured in an attack by gunmen early morning today.
- A civilian was killed and 4 people including two policemen wounded in an IED explosion near a fuel station in Al Hujjaj neighborhood downtown Kirkuk city around 8,45.
- Police sources in Toz Khormato district said that gunmen kidnapped 4 trucks drivers near Al Habash village, part of Khalis town north of Baquba early morning today. The source said the drivers are Kurdish and they don’t work for any company adding that the insurgents kidnapped the drivers and left their trucks on the street.
- A source in the infrastructure1st brigade of the Iraqi army said that a soldier was killed and 3 others wounded in an IED explosion targeted two patrols from the 1st and the 5th battalions of the brigades on Kirkuk- Reyadh street yesterday evening.
- The spokesman of Basra police directorate Colonel Kareem AL Zaidi said that the guards of the British consulate opened fire targeting a civilian car which passed close to the consulate inuring the driver downtown Basra city today morning.