The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Ja'amia neighborhood injuring one civilian.
- Around 10 am, the major (Husham Salih) in the ministry of interior was killed on the high way (6) near Nahda bus station in downtown Baghdad.
- Around 11 am, Radhwan Hussein Al-Kilidar, a member of the parliament had got an attempt of assassination at Al-Latifia (south of Baghdad). One of his guards was injured during the attempt.
- Around 11 am, the manger of Al-Wifood company (Abdul Razaq Abdul Karim) had got an assassination attempt at Ur neighborhood (east Baghdad). He was injured with two of his guards.
- Around 11 am, fire was opened on Al-Intisar school at Suleikh neighborhood (north Baghdad) injuring a female teacher there.
- Around 1 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at Saidiya neighborhood near Darwish intersection burning one Humvee. No casualties recorded.
- Around 8 pm, a car bomb parked near Shalal market at Al-Sga'ab neighborhood (north Baghdad) exploded killed at least 10 people and injured 17 others with some damage to the shops in the area.
- (18) eighteen unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad in the following neighborhoods: (13) thirteen were found in west Baghdad( Karkh bank); 5 in Bayaa, 2 in Doura, 2 in Amil, 1 in Saidiya, 1 in Mansour, 1 in Ghazaliya, 1 in Ma'amoun. While (5) were found in Ur neighborhood in east Baghdad (Risafa bank).
Kirkuk (255 km north of Baghdad)
- Around 9 am, a car bomb parked near Al-Asdiqa petrol station at al-Wasiti neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk targeting the head of Adala police station's convoy killing two people and injuring 19 others (including 12 policemen) with some damage to civilian cars and shops nearby.
Diyala (66 km north of Baghdad)
- At dawn, gunmen wearing army uniform attacked some houses at Hawash Al-Bazania in northern Balad Rouz (36 km east Baquba) killing 4 people and injuring 5 others with destroying some houses.
- Around Tuesday morning, gunmen made an attack on some houses of Mendli displaced families who came to Kan'an village killing one soldier and injuring 4 other people.
Basra (549 km south of Baghdad)
- Monday night, gunmen wearing police uniform opened fire on a man (Awj Ahmed Othman) who works as a businessman in construction tools at Zubair area (20 km west of Basra) and he was killed at once.
- Early morning of Tuesday, gunmen who were wearing police uniform kidnapped a man from his shop at Zubair market in Zubair (20 km west of Basra).