The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. an IED exploded in Al Mansour area targeting Iraqi army. 3 civilians were injured.
- Around 10 a.m. a parked car bomb exploded at the entrance of Al Rasheed vegetables whole sale market. 1 civilian was killed and 3 were injured.
- Around 11 a.m. gunmen attacked police patrol using machine guns at the same time a road side bomb exploded targeting police. 3 policemen were killed and 8 were injured (5 of them are civilians).
- Around 1 p.m. a road side bomb exploded in Al Zafaraniyah area targeting a U.S. army patrol. 4 civilians were injured.
- Around 3 p.m. gunmen shot randomly at people in Saidiyah. 2 civilians were killed and 1 was injured.
- Gunmen bombed Al Mishahda fuel station causing severe damages to the station north of Baghdad. No human casualties were reported.
- A parked car bomb exploded near a road intersection not far away from Al Amil neighborhood on the road leading to Al Jadriyah Bridge. Police said they managed to capture the man who detonated the car using a remote controller. 1 civilian was killed and 2 were injured.
- Police found 14 dead bodies throughout the capital.
1 in New Baghdad, 1 in Baladiyat, 1 in Sadr, 1 in Shaab, 1 in Kadhmiya, 1 in Ghazaliyah, 1 in Shuala, 1 in Amil, 1 in Washash, 1 in Eskan, 1 in Bayaa, 2 in Saidiyah, 1 in Doura.
- Police found 2 dead bodies in Al Khalis today. The bodies were found in the market area and in Elaibat.
- Gunmen kidnapped a truck driver and took his truck to an unknown place in Arab Shouka of Al Khalis around 4:30 p.m.
- Gunmen kidnapped and killed two citizens in the vicinity of Al Wajihiyah area. The two men didn’t carry any identification cards.
- Around 1:40 gunmen stormed house of Ibraheem Haseeb Hussein, a lawyer, in Al Zab 55 km west of Kirkuk.
- gunmen in two sedan vehicles killed Majeed Muslih Khamas, a soldier in the Iraqi army 2nd Battalion of the 1st Brigade last night in Al Hawija.
- Iraqi police said a man was trying to set a road side bomb was killed when his bomb exploded in Al Hawija market west of Kirkuk today.
- Police found the body of Colonel Nasir Ali in Al Baladiat west of Basra. The colonel was kidnapped yesterday.
- Two tribes clashed today for two hours in Al Deir, 35 km, north of Basra. Al Sayamir and Al Halaf tribes used different types of weapons; mortars, RBG-7 rockets and machineguns. 9 people were killed and 5 others were injured.
- Fallujah general hospital received yesterday 40 dead bodies. Police force found them in a mass grave south of Fallujah. The mosques used loud speakers to ask citizens to identify the bodies. 25 families identified the bodies as their missing sons. The bodies were found in Al Biyar area about 30 km south of the city.