The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen assassinated Hamid Abid Sarhan Al Shjiri, the sheikh of Shijirat tribe. The incident happened in Al Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad early morning today when the gunmen shot dead Al Shjiri while he was inside his car.
- Gunmen assassinated Dr. Nihad Mohammed Abdul Rahman the assistant dean of Al Nahrain college. The incident took place near the Saudi hospital in Bayaa neighborhood south Baghdad around 1,10 pm.
- 3 civilians were wounded when an IED exploded in Wahran intersection in Al Baladiyat neighborhood east Baghdad around 2,00 pm.
- 4 civilians were got poisoned in chlorine gas leaking in Al Husainiyah water plant north Baghdad today morning.
- 2 1anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 18 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhood (6 bodies in Amil, 2 bodies in Khadhraa, 2 bodies in Saidiyah, 2 bodies in Mansour, 2 bodies in Bayaa, 1 body in Shoala, 1 body in Salhiyah, 1 body in Ghazalyah and 1 body in Doura). 3 bodies were found in Rusafa in the following neighborhoods (1 body in Qahira, 1 body in Zafaraniyah and 1 body in Palestine street.)
- An Iraqi army soldier was injured in an IED explosion targeted his patrol near Al Safra village west of Kirkuk yesterday evening.
- Eyewitnesses said that gunmen shot dead Hussein Al Najjar, the Imam of Al Arab mosque in Basra proper. The witnesses said that the incident happened today after the sheikh left the mosque after ending the midday prayers.