The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. , a controlled roadside bomb exploded near a squad of Iraqi army near Al-Bakr square at Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad).
- Around 9 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Mansour neighborhood (west Baghadad) in front of Iraqna building for mobiles, killing one civilian and injuring three others.
- Around noon, two accountants of Trust company of electronics / Arasat branch at Arrasat neighborhood were kidnapped from their office by gunmen who were wearing police commandos uniforms.
- Around 1 p.m., a roadside bomb exploded targeted an American patrol at Al- Fdheliya neighborhood (east Baghdad). No casualties recorded.
Between 4 p.m and 8 p.m.:
- Mortars hit Sabi'a Al-Bawr (north Baghdad) killing one civilian and injuring four.
- Mortars hit Nuairia neighborhood (east Baghdad) with casualties reported.
- The head of the Central Children Hospital at Iskan neighborhood (west Baghdad), Dr. Ahmed Shihab, was assassinated by gunmen at Iskan neighborhood.
Eleven dead bodies were found in Baghdad in the following neighborhoods:
- Eight bodies were found in west Baghdad (Karkh bank); three in Amil, two in Mahmoudiya, two in Bayaa, one in Saidiya. - Three bodies were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); one in Kasra Watash, one in Sadr City, one in Sulaikh.
Anbar (110 km west of Baghdad)
- Sunday, two dead bodies were identified as two drivers from Falluja (63 km west of Baghdad) who were found in one of Baghdad's morgues. Those drivers were kidnapped Tuesday at Iskan neighborhood (west Baghdad) as they were on their way from Falluja to Baghdad.
- Saturday night, three Katusha rockets hit three different parts in Falluja killing one civilian (a woman) and injuring two kids of one family with damage to a deserted kindergarten and Abdul Aziz mosque at Nazal neighborhood.
Diyala (66 km north of Baghdad)
- Around mid-day, a roadside bomb exploded targeting a mini bus (Kia model) which has passengers of six from one family including the driver at Jizani Al-Imam village north Khalis (16 km north of Baquba and 58 km north of Baghdad) killing three girls (the driver's daughters) and injuring a woman (his wife) and two men (the driver and a cousin).
Salahuddin (157 km north of Baghdad)
- Early this morning, police found a dead body of a woman at Jamaliya orchards in Balad (77 km south of Tikrit and 80 km north of Baghdad).
- Early this morning , a sweeper was killed and another injured when a roadside bomb exploded in front of them during their duty of sweeping the street near Rafidain bank in Biji (39 km north of Tikrit and 198 km north of Baghdad).
Basra (549 km south of Baghdad)
- General Faris Muhammad, the deputy of intelligence commander of the 10th Battalion, has been kidnapped at dawn by gunmen on the highway of Muhammad Al-Qasim in Basra.