The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Three civilians were killed and two others were injured when a mortar shell hit Al Bayaa neighborhood south Baghdad around 2:30 p.m.
- A civilian was injured when gunmen bombed an Iraqi furniture company in Uwereeg area south Baghdad in the afternoon.
- An Iraqi soldier and an American soldier were wounded when a mortar shell hit Al Jaza’ir neighborhood east Baghdad around 3:40 p.m.
- 15 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad. 10 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (three bodies in Abo Gharib, two bodies in Doura, two bodies in Mansour, one body in Shoala, one body in Amil and one body in Taji). Five bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad, in the following neighborhoods (two bodies in Sadr City, two bodies in Sleikh and one body in Nahrawan).
- A medical source in Al Batool maternity hospital in Al Moustafa hospital west Baquba said that about 25 gunmen broke into the hospital and held the doctors and nurses of the hospital. The incident happened around 7 a.m. The source said that the gunmen left after stealing all the money and the cell phones of the workers of the hospital.
- Security sources in Jalawlaa and Sadiyah towns said that the security forces arrested 46 wanted gunmen in two raids. The source said that a force from the Iraqi army raided Al Tajneed neighborhood in Jalawlaa town northeast of Baquba city Friday afternoon and arrested 40 gunmen and confiscated many weapons. Another force raided Himreen neighborhood of northeast Baquba yesterday and arrested six men, two of them Syrian.
- Three civilian were killed in three separated incidents inside Khalis town (10 kilometers north of Baquba city). The police sources said that the three civilians were shot by gunmen Saturday afternoon, giving no more details about the incidents.
- Two policemen were injured when gunmen opened fire in Jorf AL Milih area north Baquba around 2 p.m.
- Three civilians were wounded in an IED explosion in Abo Saida town (20 kilometers east of Baquba) Saturday afternoon.
- Two policemen were killed when a suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb blew up himself inside Falluja market in Falluja city west of Baghdad Friday. Police asked the man to surrender but he refused. One of the policemen tried to catch the guy before blowing up himself but couldn’t.
- An Iraqi army soldier was injured when gunmen opened fire targeting a checkpoint from the 1st Battalion, 1st Infrastructure Brigade of the Iraqi army near Sayd Ahmed village on Kirkuk–Al Riyadh street in west Kirkuk Friday night, police said. The source said that the insurgents were driving a white pickup.
- Two policemen were injured in an IED explosion that targeted their patrol near Al Zab bus station in Hawija district west of Kirkuk Friday evening. Another IED exploded near the house of a police officer in Hawija town police station in Al Hay Al Askari neighborhood downtown Hawija district Friday evening. No casualties reported.
- Police patrols found the body of a kidnapped young man. Police said that the body was found in Al Shuhada neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk city Friday evening. The dead body is a young student, Dilshad Sharaf Gha’ib, who was kidnapped last Thursday. Police said that he was strangled to death.