The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. All times are Iraq local times. ---
Kirkuk (255 km north of Baghdad)
- Around 9 a.m., two roadside bombs targeted a patrol of the Iraqi army(Brigade 1) which was on a duty to protect the infrastructure of Kirkuk near Safra petrol station on the motor way between Riyadh and Biji (west Kirkuk) injuring three policemen.
- Around 9:30 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Kirkuk city targeted a police patrol. No casualties recorded.
- Around 11:30 a.m., a roadside bomb which was planted in Qadisiya neighborhood near the intersection that leads to Askri neighborhood, the police were able to foil the bomb, which consisted of a mobile, wires, battery and TNT.
- Mid-day on Friday, Muhammad Al-Daini (the chief judge of what is known as the Islamic State of Iraq) was killed during clashes that took place between two armed groups at Mustafa neighborhood in Baquba (50 km north of Baghdad), resources from Diyala Salvation Council said.
Basra (549 km south of Baghdad)
- Around 10 a.m., a mosque called The Bright Ten was bombed by gunmen who planted explosives inside the mosque. Part of the mosque was destroyed.