The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 3:00 p.m. a mortar shell slammed into Bayaa neighborhood injuring 4 civilians. The following incidents took place between for 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- More than one mortar shell landed in the Green Zone. Unknown casualties.
- A mortar shell landed in Zaiona neighborhood near an Iraqi army checkpoint. 3 Iraqi army soldiers were injured.
- An IED exploded in Al Wathiq square targeting civilians. The blast injured 3 civilians.
- Police found 17 dead bodies in Baghdad in the following neighborhoods today: 2 in Jihad, 3 in Amil, 4 in Bayaa, 2 in Kadhmiya , 3 in Saidiyah, 3 in Shuala
- Yesterday night around midnight an IED exploded in Al Hawija city (west of Kirkuk) near Al Tahadi bridge targeting a local police vehicle. one policeman was injured by the blast.
- Two men were killed today as they were trying to plant an IED in central Touz town (north east of Tikrit) today morning.
- A suicide truck exploded on Al Sabtiya bridge north of Baqouba today. Eye witnesses said the blast caused parts of the bridge to collapse into the river. The bombing of this bridge will make the residents of the North eastern parts of the province take one route through the violent city of Baqouba to go to Baghdad, residents said.
- An IED exploded in the outskirts of Al Khalis city. The blast targeted an Iraqi army vehicle and 1 soldier was killed and 2 were injured.