The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 4 p.m. gunmen bombed Fatah Basha mosque, Sunni mosque, in Al Bayaa neighborhood. The following incidents took place between 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. in Baghdad
- A mortar shell landed in Al Mahmoudiyah area. No casualties.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Amil area. No casualties.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Bayaa area. No casualties.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Salhiya area. One civilian injured..
- Police found 7 dead bodies throughout the capital on Friday in the following neighborhoods: 1 in Sadr, 2 in Amil, 1 in Bayaa, 1 in Jihad, 2 in Hurriyah
- Gunmen raided the house of Colonel Ali Dilaiyan Al Jourani, head of Baqouba police. The house in Al Mat-hana area in Kanan town, south of Baqouba, was raided by tens of gunmen according to eye witnesses early morning on Friday. The attackers killed Al Jourani wife, his son and 10 policemen and kidnapped other three. Police said, hours later that two dead bodies were found that is believed to belong to two of the kidnapped. The colonel was not at home during the attack.
- Around 1 p.m. an IED attack targeted a police convoy in AL Sakran area, about 35 Km north of Baqouba. The attack led to the death of 2 officers and injuring one. Colonel Mahmoud Saeed Al Ameri, head of Khan Bani Saad police dept, LC Muhsen AL Difaei the commander of the 3rd police commandos’ battalion in Diyala were killed and injured Colonel Hashim Al Mamouri head of Al Sakran police dept. The officers were heading to Baqouba city, the province’s capital, to attend a security meeting. Their convoy consisted of 4 vehicles and the IED targeted the vehicle that the officers were using.
- On Thursday night a member of Baqouba local council was killed, Sheik Jabar Ahmed Al Timimi, when gunmen attacked a police station as he was in the station a police man was killed and another was injured in the same attack in Dura area east of Baqouba.
- Around 1:50 p.m. a suicide wearing a vest bomb near Al Sadr mosque, near a police dept. five minutes later a parked car exploded near Al Thaqalain mosque. 19 killed and 20 were injured.
- Around 1 p.m an IED exploded in AL Hawija city, west of Kirkuk city, targeting a civilian truck. 3 civilians were injured.
- On Thursday June 7 night gunmen killed Adnan Mahmoud a member of the infrastructure protection force. The attackers killed Mahmoud and killed his 4 years old daughter Huda inside their house in Al Safra village west Kirkuk. Police took the dead bodies to the hospital.
- On Thursday June 7 night gunmen attacked the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), a kurd party lead by Jalal Talbani the Iraqi president. Two passing by vehicles used machine guns to attack the party headquarter in Al Wasiti neighborhood downtown Kirkuk. One guard was injured.
- Around 7 a.m. two car bombs detonated in Al Qurna town, 80 Km north of Basra. 10 citizens were killed and 25 others were injured. Residents said the explosion shock their houses, shattered the windows panes and woke them up. Many shops were destroyed and cars were burned.
- Gunmen killed Lieutenant Ali Adai the head of Al Ashar police intelligence in Ibn Majid intersection 12 km west of Basra today morning.