The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 1 pm , mortars hit Saidiya neighborhood ( south west Baghdad) .
- Around 1 pm, a car bomb exploded at Talibia neighborhood near Habaibna restaurant ( east Baghdad) killing 5 and injuring 15 others .
- Around 1.30 pm, mortars hit Shurta Al-Rabiaa ( west Baghdad) killing 1 and injuring 9 other people.
- Around 1 pm, clashes took place between gunmen and Iraqi army in Doura neighborhood at Bilat Al-Shuhdaa district injuring 2 Iraqi soldiers .
- Around 5 pm, two car bombs exploded in Abu Ghraib ( west of Baghdad) targeting an army check point killing five ( three of them are soldiers )and injuring 12 ( 6 of them are soldiers) while the rest are civilians.
- (32 ) dead bodies were found all over Baghdad : ( 28 ) bodies were founf in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 7 in Amil , 4 in Doura , 3 in Khadhimiya , 3 in Saidiya , 3 in Bayaa , 2 in Mansour , 2 in Mahmoudiya , 2 in Shurtaa Rabia'a . ( 4 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) ; 2 in Sadr city , 1 in Sha'ab , 1 in Suleikh . Mosul ( 396 km north of Baghdad)
- Around mid-day , a reporter was assassinated by gunmen in Mosul at Hadba neighborhood . This reporter works for several media agencies ( IWPR, NINA and Aswat Al-Iraq). Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad)
- Wednesday evening , a roadside bomb exploded in the downtown of Kirkuk city near the fire brigade department targeting a police patrol killing one policeman and injuring three others .
- Around 9 .45 pm of Wednesday , mortars hit a headquarter of the Iraqi army on the high way between Biji and Kirkuk near ( Tar Al- abaghal ) village without casualties recorded. Meanwhile a squad from the headquarter searched the area found out a roadside bomb planted in the area which had been foiled by them without any damage.
- Around 11 .30 pm of Wednesday, a squad from the multi national forces found out a roadside bomb planted in Riyadh district ( west Kirkuk) which had been foiled by them .
- Fifteen minutes after Wednesday night , a police patrol from Muqdad district found out a roadside bomb near the bank of the city games foiled it without any damages.
- Around 9.30 am , a roadside bomb was found near a house in the downtown of Kirkuk nearby Kindi school phoneing the police who came and foiled it with damages recorded.
Salahuddin ( 175 km north of Baghdad)
- Before mid-day , three people were killed and 6 injured by police in Samara with no more details about reasons behind this action.
Basra ( 549 km south of Baghdad )
- Wednesday evening , gunmen kidnapped the manager of Rafidain bank branch in Safwan ( 60 km west of Basra) .
- Early morning , police in Kut al Hajaj in the midtown of Basra had found four bodies for an accountant( works for Iraqi Company Ports) and three of his sons who were kidnapped last night.