The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
1 civilian injured in mortar attack near Um al-Tubool mosque, at noon today.
- 3 civilians injured during confrontations in Saidiya, southwest Baghdad, between armed groups and Iraqi Forces at about 03:00 this afternoon.
- An armed group assassinated Ayad Shihab Ahmed, a manager in the Central Bank of Iraq, and his brother, in the neighbourhood of Amil, west Baghdad, at around 04:00 pm this afternoon.
The following incidents took place between 4p.m.-8p.m.
- 5 civilians injured in IED explosion in Dora neighborhood, south Baghdad.
- 2 men were killed in IED explosion in AL Qadisiyah neighborhood. The explosion targeted an SUV's convoy.
- Police found 31 dead bodies throughout the capital in the following neighborhoods: 4 in Shuala, 5 in Dora, 9 in Amil, 3 in Mansour, 1 in Al Bayaa, 1 in Yarmouk, 2 in Sadr, 1 in Rashad, 2 in Shaab, 2 in Adhamiyah and 1 in Hurriyah.
9 people killed, and more than 25 injured, both policemen and civilians by exploded car bomb in the town of Baladruz, 45 km east of Baqouba. The VBIED was placed near al-Hurriya police station in the market place and exploded at about 10:00 am. It was not clear whether the vehicle was parked or whether it was driven by a suicide driver.
5 people killed and 7 injured, as a fake checkpoint stopped two minibuses, in the area of Ghalbiya, 20 km northwest Baqouba. The gunmen executed 5 and wounded 7.
- Police found 5 dead bodies in Al Muradiyah area south of Baqouba.
- Police killed 2 gunmen in clashes in Al Sarai area central Baqouba.
- 5 citizens were injured in two IEDs explosions in two different areas of Al Khalis.
- Gunmen killed tribal sheikh Ghanim Al Sabawi in Bab Sinjar area in Mosul city today afternoon.
1 policeman injured as a police patrol was attacked by a grenade, near the courthouse downtown Hawija city, southwest Kirkuk, this morning at 11.
2 killed in fighting between two tribes in Hartha, 20 km north of Basra. Conflict was contained by Iraqi Forces and Police.