The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- 7 civilians were wounded when mortar shells hit Al Fadhil neighborhood
- Gunmen killed the Imam of Al Siddeeq mosque in Ghazaliya neighborhood west Baghdad around 6:15 pm.
- Iraqi explosives experts defused 12 IEDs in Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad.
- 26 bodies were found in Baghdad today. 18 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad, in the following neighborhoods: 6 in Ghazaliyah, 3 in Amil, 2 in Jihad, 2 in Hurriyah, 2 in Yarmouk, 2 in Bayaa, 1 in AL Jami’a. 8 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad, in the following neighborhoods: 2 in Sadr city, 2 in Sleikh, 1 in Rashdiyah, 1 in Baghdad Al Jadida, 1 in Fadhil and 1 in Adhemiyah.
Salah ad Din
- A source in Iraqi police in Tooz town (180 Kms north east of Salah ad Din) said that gunmen exploded early morning today one of the bridges on Baghdad-Kirkuk motorway. The source said that a part of the bridge was destroyed.
- An IED explosion hit a vehicle carrying contractors south of Tooz town north east Salah ad Din province yesterday afternoon. Police said that the vehicle was burnt completely. According to Iraqi police, the US troops surrounded a mosque in Oj Teppa village south of Tooz town during the Friday prayers arresting the Imam of the mosque, the mayor and 5 prayers.
- 5 Iraqi army soldiers were killed and 18 wounded when a suicide car bomber attacked the headquarter of a company of the 18th Iraqi army battalion in Owejila village south Shirqat on Friday afternoon.
- A medical source in Khalis hospital said that 2 bodies had been brought to Khalis town hospital early morning today.
- Gunmen assassinated the sheikh of Jboor tribe in Qaratabba district, a part of Sulaimaniyah province north Iraq. the gunmen killed Sheikh Rokan Moulaq today before mid day while he was going to work.
- An Iraqi army soldier was killed in clashes between a joint force of Iraqi army and MNF and gunmen on the old street of Baghdad north east Baghdad early morning today.
- A medical source in Diyala health directorate said that two bodies of a teacher and a policeman had been brought to Diyala hospital morgue by the police patrols. The two men had been kidnapped last Thursday.
- A policeman was injured in an IED explosion targeted his vehicle while he was leaving Sadiyah town north east of Baquba early morning today.
- A policeman was injured when gunmen shot him in Muqdadiyah town north east of Baquba city today afternoon.
- A security source said that 5 civilians were killed in insurgencies in different towns of Diyala province yesterday afternoon.
- An Iraqi army soldier was killed in a car bomb explosion targeted a check point south Udhim town north of Baquba on Friday evening.
- A source in the 5th Iraqi army division said that an Iraqi army soldier was killed and 4 others wounded in an IED explosion targeted their patrol in Muqdadiyah town north of east Baquba city today afternoon.
- 6 civilians were injured when mortar shells hit Al Arasa neighborhood, one of the outskirts of Muqdadiyah town today afternoon.
- 6 members of emergency brigade were injured when an IED exploded targeting their vehicle in Sari Kihya neighborhood downtown Kirkuk city on Friday evening, police said.
- An Iraqi army soldier was wounded in an IED explosion near Baghdad bus station downtown Kirkuk city around 5,30 pm.
- Gunmen shot dead a civilian near Daqooq district, part of Kirkuk city on Friday at 9:30 pm.