The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Unknown gunmen exploded the bridge linking Al Adil and Al Khadraa neighborhoods in west Baghdad. Police said that the gunmen used IEDs to explode the bridge and confirmed that 3-5 meters were destroyed completely. The incident took place early morning today. No casualties reported.
- A civilian was killed in an IED explosion that targeted civilians in Doura neighborhood south Baghdad around 1:10 pm.
- A civilian was killed and another was injured when a mortar shell hit Al Jami’a neighborhood in west Baghdad around 1:20 pm.
- Around 1:10 pm a US convoy was targeted by an IED in Al Amil neighborhood south west Baghdad. US forces blocked the area. No casualty details provided.
- 2 civilians were killed and 7 were injured when a mortar shell hit Al Mail neighborhood south west Baghdad at 8:00 pm.
- 1 civilian was killed and 8 wounded when a mortar shell hit Abo Disheer neighborhood south Baghdad at 8:00pm.
- 20 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 13 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad, in the following neighborhoods: 4 bodies in Al Amil, 3 in Bayaa, 2 in Shoala, 1 in Hurriyah, 1 in Rahmaniyah, 1 in J’eifer and 1 in Jami’a. 7 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods: 4 in Sadr City, 1 in Ur, 1 in Adhemiyah, 1 in fadhil.
- Colonel Hussein Abbas Kadhim, the commander of Jdaidat Al Shat town 30Kms north west of Baqouba said that gunmen of what is called Islamic State of Iraq stormed one of the orchards of Um Al Romman village near Mohammed Al Sakran cemetery and executed three farmers with BKC machineguns.
- A source in the joint operation room in Diyala province said that 4 policemen from Muqdadiyah town police and 6 civilians were injured when a suicide car bomber detonated near Muqdadiyah town police station north east Baqouba city around 10,00 am.
- Governmental and security source in Baladruz town (45 east of Baqouba) confirmed that a combined security force raided early morning today one of the safe houses of the gunmen near Al Dianiyah village and arrested Mushtaq Al Diani. The sources said “Al Diani is responsible for many insurgencies in Baqouba city and Muqdadiyah town.”
- Police said that an IED exploded near Al Ebada village on Kirkuk-Daqooq motorway at 8:20 am. The IED targeted a car in the driver was injured.
- A source from Sadr office confirmed the death of 2 Sadrist including a leader of Mahdi army in Basra. The source who talked on condition of anonymity said that the Sadrist men were killed by Iraqi army soldiers supported by British forces in the commercial street downtown Basra city around 3:15 pm.