The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Mohammed Al Dulaimy in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 3:00 p.m. Two bombs exploded in central Baghdad, AL Tayaran sq. The blast killed 5 civilians and injured 15.
- The ministry of industry issued a statement mourning Bassim Abdul Elah Al Maadhedi head of a state company of after he was kidnapped last Sunday and his dead body was found today with two of his bodyguards.
- Three mortar shells landed in the Green Zone today’s afternoon. Diyala
- Two civilians were killed and one was injured in Al Khalis city in two separated incidents today. Gunmen killed a citizen in southern the city in an area called Arab Shawka area. in the second incident one citizen was killed and one was injured by gunmen in Shwikhrat area northern the city.
- Around 6:30 p.m. suicide car bomb exploded in Abu Saida town in the market killing 12 and injuring 22 civilians.