The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Hussin Kadhim in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 am, gunmen killed one worker and two others who were working on the Adhamiya concrete wall.
- Around 8.30 am, gunmen assassinated a directorate manager at the housing and reconstruction ministry while he was on his way to work on the high way of Qahira neighborhood.
- Around mid-day , a roadside bomb exploded at the Palestine street near the students dormitory of Mustansiriya university when a police patrol passed by injuring three of the patrol members .
- Around 8 am, a suicide truck bomber made the ministry of interior in Arbil in Kurdstan region a target when he drove his truck filled with explosions to the interior ministry building exploded the car with himself inside killing at least 14and injuring 87 .
- Eight dead bodies were found in Diyala ; A medical source of Baquba hospital said that 4 bodies with the heads cut off were found near a military checkpoint of Georgians at Sabtia ( north of Baquba). Two other bodies were found at Mua’almeen neighborhood ( west of Baquba) and the last two bodies were found in Muradiya area in Bani Saad ( south of Baquba).