The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Mohammed Al Dulaimy in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- Around 12:30 Salam al-Zobaie the Iraqi deputy prime minister survived from an assassination attempt at his house. One of his bodyguards detonated his bomb vest targeting the deputy and afterward a parking car inside the house exploded. The attack killed 9 and injured 15 others among the killed the brother of the deputy and his top aides.
- Around 3:45 p.m. A parked car bomb detonated in Al Habibiya neighborhood eastern Baghdad. The blast targeted civilians and claimed the lives of 6 and injured 19.
- Around 4:30 p.m. a road side bomb exploded in Dora neighborhood targeting civilians. Two civilians were injured.
- Police found 26 corpses throughout the capital. Eight corpses were found in Risafa (the eastern side) and 18 were found in Karkh (the western side). The corpses were found in the following neighborhoods: 3 corpses in Bab Al Muadham, 3 in Sileikh, 1 in Kamaliya, 1 in Ameen, 4 in Dora, 2 in Mamoun, 2 in Shurta Rabiaa, 2 in Adil, 2 in Ghazaliya, 1 in Jihad, 2 in Baia, 1 in Amil, 1 in Mahmoudiya, 1 in Jamiaa
- Gunmen kidnapped Colonel Ahmed Kadhim Jawad the province director of civil defense near his house in Dalli town of Al Khalis city on Friday afternoon.
-Two civilians were injured by a random gunfire in Al Khwailis town of Al Khalis city today afternoon.
- Around 8:00 p.m. gunmen stormed Bassim Jassim house in Al Bu Ajeel village east of Tikrit and killed 4 members of the family including 2 women and a child less than 5 months old.
- Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb exploded on Azadi bridge in the down town Kirkuk city targeting an Iraqi police car, no casualties were reported.
- A car bomb exploded at the northern entrance of the holy city of Najaf today. The man who parked the car and tried to flee the place was captured by police and was identified as Mustafa Ali Ismael from Baghdad. No causalities wee reported.