The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Hussein Kadhmim in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
Around 7.10 am , Al-Sarafiya bridge which link Rusafa bank with Kharkh through Adhamiya neighborhood and Uttaifiya was blown up by a truck bomb which was abandoned in the middle of the bridge causing a huge damage to the bridge, 10 people killed , 30 injured and some are missing as they fell into the Tigris river with their cars.
- 3 individuals were killed including at least one parliament members were killed and 23 injured when a suicide bomber made his way through the cafeteria of the parliament after finishing their regular session and exploded himself there making chaos in the place. Medical treatment is given at once and injured are transferred to Ibn Sina hospital in the green zone.
- A civilian was injured and a US vehicle was damaged in an IED explosion targeted a US convoy in Hurriya neighborhood west Baghdad at 3,30 pm. Another civilian was injured in Hurriya neighborhood in another IED explosion almost at the same time.
- 1 civilian was injured when mortar shell fell in Jihad neighborhood south west Baghdad around 4,00 pm.
- A civilian was killed and another was injured in a mortar shell explosion in Al Shurta 5th neighborhood south Baghdad around 4,30.
- A civilian was killed by gunmen in Waziriyah neighborhood east Baghdad around 2,30 pm.
- Gunmen killed a civilian and injured another when they attacked their car in Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad around 5 pm.
- 12 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 8 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhood (2 bodies in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Amil, 2 bodies in Saidiyah, 1 body in Mamoun and 1 body in Jadiriyah.) 4 bodies were found in Rosafa, the eastern part of Baghdad, 2 bodies were found in Sleikh, 1 body was found in Adhamiyah and 1 body was found in Sadr city.
Diyala - Around mid-day of Thursday, Baquba hospital received four dead bodies for policemen who were killed and two others were injured while a roadside bomb hit their patrol car near the former reform institution.
- Around 1.00 pm , two civilians were injured when a roadside bomb targeted their car near Abara district n Baquba and they were transferred to Baquba hospital.
Kirkuk - Wednesday night, four gunmen killed an Iraqi soldier near his house in Salman village of Hawija ( west of Kirkuk ).
Basra - Yesterday night and early this morning , two British bases( in Basra airport ( 20 km north of the city) and( the other in the presidential palaces) were attacked by indirect fires with no casualties .