The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- 3 civilians were injured when mortar round fell in Al Amil neighborhood south west Baghdad around 10 am.
- 2 civilians were killed and 5 others injured when an IED exploded inside a mini bus in Al Ameen street east Baghdad around 12,45 pm.
- 10 civilians were killed and 13 wounded in a parked car bomb explosion in Karrada Dakhil (Karrada in) downtown Baghdad around 1,00 pm.
- 2 policemen were killed and 4 citizens injured including 2 policemen in a suicide car bomb targeted a police patrol near Zamzam fuel station in Mahmoudiyah town south Baghdad around 1,15 pm.
- 17 civilians were killed and 45 others injured when a suicide car bomb targeted civilians in a check point in Mudhaffar square, the entrance of Sadr city east Baghdad around 3,15
- 140 civilians were killed and 150 were injured in a parked car bomb in the entrance of Sadriyah neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 4,15 pm
- 2 civilians were killed and 8 citizens were injured including 3 national police members in a suicide car bomb targeted a national police check point in Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad around 7,10 pm
- 15 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 12 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods ( 3 bodies in Doura, 2 bodies in Amil, 2 bodies in Yarmouk, 2 bodies in Hurriyah, 2 bodies in Jihad and 1 body in Risala.) 3 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (1 body in Sadr city, 1 body in Shaíab and 1 body in Madaíien)
- Karkuk police operation room announced that a gunmen group tried to assassinate a judge in Wahid Athar neighborhood in Karkuk around 8,30 am today morning.
- A policeman was killed and 4 citizens was injured including a policeman in a car bomb explosion inside a fuel station in Al Saray neighborhood in Hawija district south west Karkuk yesterday evening.
- 2 policemen were injured when an IED exploded targeting their patrol in Al Tayaran square yesterday evening.
- A source in Karkuk police said that police patrols found the bodies of three civilians near Al Dawoodiyah village, a part of Hawija district west Karkuk city. Police said that the bodies are for three civilians who were kidnapped tow days ago. Bodies were taken to the morgue. Karkuk operation room said a beheaded body was found near Khalid village, part of Daqooq district west of Karkuk city. Leaflets of an insurgents groups named (Al Mujahideen consulting council, the battalions of Islam sword were found near the body. When police found the body, the found out it was bombed with Katyosha rocket, police asked for the help of the MNF. The MNF arrived the area and defused the rocket.
- Military sources in Khalis town (10 KMs north of Baquba city) said that a force from Al Ghalibiya company of the 2nd Iraq battalion arrested 4 insurgents accused to be in charged of assassinating 19 workers from Al Jizani village in the beginning of this month. The source said ìthe accused men were arrested are from Al Hashimiyat village and they were captured while they were preparing to carry out a new kidnapping operation.î
- A military source in Muqdadiya city north eat Baquba city said that a combined force of Iraqi army and police raided a hide house of what is called Iraq Islamic State in Al Ahmar village in Muqdadiya killing 3 gunmen and arresting another 4. the source added ìthe force found a blood stained torturing room.
- A military source in Khalis town said that an Iraqi army soldier had been killed when he was attacked by gunmen shot him while they were in their fast car. - A security source in Khalis town said that 2 residents of Khalis town had been kidnapped near Mustafa jawad in the entrance of Khalis town.
- 2 farmers from Al Bo Asi Al Abagiyah village died today after been injured in an American strike few days ago.
- The MNF arrested a translator working with one of their sectors which work in Khalis town.
- A medical source in the Diyala health directorate said that their field patrols had found tow bodies in Al Tahreer neighborhood south Baquba city today afternoon. A third body of a woman had been found in Gatoon neighborhood west Baghndad. The three bodies were moved to the morgue.
- A medical source in Qara Tabbah town, a part of Khanaqeen city north eat of Baquba city said that 5 civilians were injured when mortar rounds fell in the town last night.
- Three houses of members of Fadhila party with IEDs. Khazíaal Al Saíidi, the prominent member of Fadhila party member in the local council of Basra province said that an IED was planted near his house in Al Hussein neighborhood west Basra city damaging the house. Al Saíiidi added that the houses of Naseef Al Ebadi, the deputy of Basra council head and Ghazi Smari, the director of Basra electricity power plant had been targeted also by IEDs last night.