The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 am, 2 policemen were injured by gunmen in Waziriya neighborhood.
- Around 12 pm, mortar shelling targeted Al-Ilam neighborhood without casualties.
- Around 1 pm, a roadside bomb exploded in Baldiyat neighborhood without casualties.
- Around 1:30 pm, a suicide car bomber targeted Al Jadiriya neighborhood killing 6 civilians, 31 injured and some burned cars with some damage to the nearby buildings
- Around 3 pm, 3 civilians were killed and 2 injured in random shootings by gunmen near Al Sadoon street in the middle of the downtown.
- Around 3 pm, 2 policemen were killed and 1 injured when gunmen fired on their vehicle in Al Waziriya neighborhood.
- Around 4 pm, a roadside bomb exploded in Adil neighborhood injuring 2 civilians.
- 20 corpses were found in Baghdad today. 17 were in the west(Kharkh): 4 in Dora, 3 in Bayaa, 2 in Amiriya, 2 in Mahmudiya, 2 in Jihad, 2 in Amil, 1 in Mansour, 1 in Hurriya.
3 were found in east(Rusafa): 1 in Adhamiya, 1 in Ma'amil, 1 in Sadr City.
- Early morning, joint forces (Iraqi police and army) killed two gunmen, arrested one during clashes with armed group in Bani Saad town (south of Baqouba)and destroyed an insurgent base where a car bomb was located. Police also found threatening notes.
- Around mid-day, Colonel Abass Kadhim, the head of police station in the Jidayda sector of Khalis (15km north of Baqouba), said that a squad of Jidayda police seized a trailer carrying 115 barrels of ethylene acid whose driver had no documentation or manifest for the shipment. The driver was going to Baghdad from Tikrit. Kadhim said the interior ministry ordered the seizure and said civilians should be kept away from the materials, which can be used for making bombs. The driver is an Iraqi driver from Tuz Khurmato, south of Kirkuk, who claimed that he is a driver of structural and transport company carrying some bricks, but searching found something different.
- Early morning, four policemen guarding the deputy of the Interior minister, including the deputy's son, were killed in Shurqat (south of Mosul) by gunmen and two civilians were killed at the same scene .
- Around 3 pm, a roadside bomb exploded in Mosul when an American patrol passed in the downtown injuring 11 civilians. There was no information on American casualties.
Salah ad Din
- Around 11 am, two civilians were killed by gunmen near the court of Al-Zahra neighborhood in Dujail (southeast of Tikrit).
- The Iraqi police was informed today that the American army would deliver the Iraqi side a corpse without details.
- Last night (Wednesday), one gunman was injured when the Iraqi army had a clash with an armed group which tried to attack the Basra international airport by indirect fire.
- Last night (Wednesday), the British forces haided commercial ships in the old-Basra neighborhood in downtown Basra city and found two RPG7s, two AK47, a Katusha missile and mortar shells.